Pine County Fair Talent Contest
Rules and Information
Based on MN State Fair Rules and Regulations
SUNDAY, August 7th, 2016-2:30PM
Pre-teen -age 12 and under; Teen-ages 13 – 18; Open - all ages.
WINNERS IN EACH OF THREE DIVISIONS WILL RECEIVE:
1st Place – $100 plus plaque and chance to compete at the MN State Fair Talent Contest
2nd place - $50
Entries and Times
- Entry is by advance registration only. All entries must be received by Ed Pangerl no later than July 28th. (address on entry form)
- Entry is open to anyone, however Pine County residents will be accepted first.
- First place winners will agree to represent the County of Pine at the MN State Fair competition.
- Pine County Fair reserves the right to accept or refuse any entry.
- Competition will begin following Arts-In.
- Check-in time is 12:00 noon Please allow yourself plenty of time for check-in and any questions.
- The Pine County Fair will provide microphones, compact disc player, and cassette player.
- Vocalists may use recorded accompaniment, provided it contains instrumental accompaniment only.
- Absolutely NO vocals are allowed on the recording.
- Any vocal contestant using accompaniment recording with vocals of any kind will be disqualified.
- Those contestants using tapes or CD’s, please have them ready for the sound person – cued and ready to play. If you are using a “self-made” CD, please bring a back-up cassette tape with you, as not all CD’s are readable on all machines. (If you need assistance with your accompaniment, the following sources can provide accompaniments without vocals: Priddus Music, 1-800-326-3062; Groth Music, 952-884-4772; Pro-Sing – CD’s only 1-800-776-7464; or Total Karaoke, 1-800-696-5338.)
- You will be responsible for transporting your equipment.
- If you have a band or heavy equipment the necessary arrangements can be made prior to the competition with the Talent Coordinator.
- Next >>