Entry Day is Wednesday, August 2nd, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
You may enter your items online anytime from now until the fair using the online entries button below or by downloading the Showorks passport app from the Apple or Google App stores. If you register online just bring your items and stop by the entries table. Online pre-registration closes at 11:59PM Tuesday August 1st.
Open Class Entries FAQ
- Is there a cost to enter items into the Pine County Fair? There is no cost to enter exhibits that are displayed in the open class building. There is a small entry fee for some of the livestock classes.
- How do I enter my items into the fair? You can pre register your items or animals online here OR you can bring your items to the open class building On entry day ( Wednesday of the fair from 9:00am – 6:00pm) and our entries staff can help get you entered. If at all possible pre-register livestock online.
- What can I enter into the fair? Our Premium books list every class available for entries. The Exhibits Premium List Is available here, Departments include: Horticulture ( Grains, Fruits, and Vegetables), Flowers, Culinary, Needlework, and Arts & Crafts. The Livestock Premium List is available here, Departments include: Cattle, Sheep, Swine, Rabbits, Chickens, Bantams, Turkeys, Geese, Ducks and Guineas.
- What do I win If I get awarded a ribbon on my item? Along with getting a ribbon and bragging rights, you will be paid a premium check. The Premium amount is listed on the right side of the premium list page.
- How Large of an item can I enter into the fair? Larger items will be displayed to the best of our ability but if possible please send an email to [email protected] to verify space. As a rule of thumb if your item easily fits on a table or hangs on a wall there shouldn’t be a problem.
- How do I need to prepare a picture or painting to be entered into the fair? Pictures, paintings, and Drawings should be mounted in some way that allows them to be hung on the wall. Framed is best to ensure your art is protected but artwork can be taped or tacked to foam core board with a string on the back to hang.
- When are the items Judged? Exhibits are judged Thursday morning from 9:30 until about Noon. The building will be open to the public after judging has completed.
- When can I pick up my items? Exhibits and premiums can be picked up from 4:00pm-6:00pm on Sunday of the fair. If you are unable to pickup your items at that time we have a few options. You can send your claim tickets with someone who will be at the fair or make arrangements with the fair office.
- Are Premium Checks Mailed? Large animal premium checks ( Cattle, Swine, Sheep) can be mailed (feel free to pickup these checks on Sunday if you are available during pickup time). Exhibit premium checks must be picked up with your items and will not be mailed.
- How do I enter my items into the State Fair? If you would like to display your items at the Minnesota state fair. Entry deadline is August 1st for creative activities and July 17th for Fine Art. You do not need to place at the Pine County Fair to enter your items into the state fair. for more information scroll to the bottom of this page.
Please take a moment to read through the premium list, rules and guidelines for each class are located on the first page of each division.
Open Class Schedule
– Entry Day, Bring your items to the Open Class Building from 9:00am to 6:00pm to enter them
– 1:00pm to 8:00pm, Animal Exhibit Entry – Barns
– Judging 9:30- Noon Open Class Building. The building is Closed to the public until judging has completed
– 9:00 pm Open Class Building Closes
– 11:00 am – 9:00 pm Exhibit Building Open
– 8:30 AM Open Class Livestock Show – Livestock Arena Building
– 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM Exhibit Building Open
– 4:00 PM-6:00 PM: Open Class Entry Pick-up
Entries- Kent Bombard
Department – Livestock
Dairy Cattle, Beef Cattle, Sheep, Swine, Rabbits and Poultry
Superintendent – David Durheim 320-630-0985
Department – Horticulture.
Potatoes, Herbs, Vegetables, Fruits, Grains
Superintendent – Danielle Reichstadt
House Plants, Outdoor Plants, Cut Flowers, Children Under 13, Arrangements, Water Plants
Superintendent – Lyn Johnson, 320-629-7744
Assistant Superintendent – Brenda Stumne 320-279-2808
Department – Culinary.
Pantry Products, Pies, Jams and Jellies, Canned Fruit, Canned Vegetables,
Beer and Wine, Misc Home Products, 15 years and younger
Superintendent – Gwyn Doenz
Department – Needlework.
Bedroom Linen, Table Linen, Rugs, Knitting etc., Children’s, Household, Junior class
Superintendent – Denise Anderson 320-629-3221
Department – Art, Hobbies & Crafts.
Rock Hobbies, Wood Hobbies, Models & Dolls, Hobbies & Crafts, Fine Art, Sr. Citizen, Special Historical
Superintendent – Makayla Thompson
Minnesota State Fair entry guidelines
If you would like to display your items at the Minnesota state fair.
Entry deadline is August 1st for creative activities and July 17th for Fine Art.
You do not need to place at the Pine County Fair to enter your items into the state fair.
For more information please follow the links below
Creative Activities ( Culinary, Collections, Needlework, and Crafts): https://www.mnstatefair.org/competitions/creative-activities/